Old 11-02-2008, 11:10 AM   #4
Tommy
Enthusiast
Tommy began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad, Sony 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by serpentium View Post
How is native?
Native in this context means, I know it works for my iLiad. As I don't know if what what the Sony needs (e.g. an iLiad manifest.xml would be rather pointless) in addition to the actual book.

If someone told me what the Sony or any other device needs, I guess it wouldn't be a big deal to adapt Catalog to serve those gadgets as well.

Quote:
anyway i m interested in use this if will recognize title-author by ebook filename...
Hmm... I don't know if I understand this question correctly From what you wrote it seems as if you expect Catalog to swallow an ebook file and figure out author and title etc. autmagically. This, however, is not the way it works, tough. As soon as you hit the 'New' button you'll have to enter everything you want to see for the book.

On the other hand, I do have a hack the does something like that. It's also a java program (a true command-line tool). As input parameter you have to specify a file into which the output of an 'ls'. If you want to use this program, you'll probably have to adapt it to your needs as it relies heavily on some naming convention.
If you want to have a look, you'll find it attched.

Best regards,
Tommy
Attached Files
File Type: gz RemoteControl.java.gz (1.1 KB, 416 views)
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote