View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 08:03 PM   #173
oj829
Groupie
oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Kobo Arc(32GB), Kobo Arc 7HD, Kobo Glo HD,NookHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinp View Post
I have the Nook Tablet and I've always been able to sideload my own books. When I install a blank SD card, the Nook writes a "My Files" folder to it that contains these folders: Books, Documents, Magazines, Music, Newspapers, NOOK Kids Recordings, Pictures, and Videos. Essentially, the same folders that are in the main memory. It doesn't matter whether I copy books to the Books folder in main memory or the SD card, they show up in my library.

I just assumed the Color worked the same as the Tablet. I don't use Windows Media Player either. I use Calibre!
I just pulled out the year-old NC and tried to get something into its true LIBRARY without sideloading over a USB-tethered connection because ... once the HD goes live, we're talking Windows MP 11 which I don't want to use, period.

Dropbox (an app available for both the NC and HD in the B&N market) doesn't get files into the NC's library. It's not IMPOSSIBLE to read a dropbox-provided book, but it's difficult and I couldn't reproduce the steps I took to accomplish that one-time successful task with a gun to my head.

And an old complaint: There's no real Nook file manager which will allow one to get files from or to the SD card or from online Dropbox storage to the NC's primary storage where items may become part of the device's official LIBRARY.

Just do it, already. B&N. This is tired. You're asking at least $200 for your toy.

Last edited by oj829; 11-19-2012 at 10:30 AM.
oj829 is offline   Reply With Quote