View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 05:05 PM   #389
JoeC
Addict
JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 and 3, Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
I think that the person that you're responding to was referring to the opposite effect.

On the K3 with lighted cover there's a brief "brownout" when changing pages where the light dims, which I never seem to notice when I'm reading, but notice a lot when my gf is reading on hers. My understanding on the paperwhite [which I've only seen mentioned, not in person] is that the screen blanking phase of refreshing causes the light to appear much brighter briefly, possibly equally annoying.
What I've noticed is not that it gets brighter but when the screen turns black, due to the refresh, there *seems* to be a flash because for a brief second the light goes out and then goes back on. This flash, or perhaps blink might be a better word, is what someone trying to sleep next you might notice. The level of the light from the Paperwhite doesn't change, there is no brownout. From my wife's perspective it's much better than me reading with the Touch's lighted cover.
JoeC is offline   Reply With Quote