View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 01:31 AM   #88
Fozzybear
Enthusiast
Fozzybear is that somebody.Fozzybear is that somebody.Fozzybear is that somebody.Fozzybear is that somebody.Fozzybear is that somebody.Fozzybear is that somebody.Fozzybear is that somebody.Fozzybear is that somebody.Fozzybear is that somebody.Fozzybear is that somebody.Fozzybear is that somebody.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by heySkippy View Post
I was disappointed by The Shining (the movie) at the time. I was a big fan of the book and didn't think the movie measured up.

If you want a King book that was better as a movie, I think Carrie (original, haven't seen the remake) is a better example.
I agree about the Shining. I really enjoyed the book but the film I thought was pretty poor, though it seems to be held up in some circles as a great work. I'd forgotten about the Simpsons version, that was a good one. Ach! He's got the Shinning!

I remember reading a movie novelization once, I think it was Terminator 2 (!), and the only thing I can remember is that every time the author wanted to add a dramatic emphasis it involved something 'which missed him by inches!' - it was awful!
Fozzybear is offline   Reply With Quote