View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010, 12:49 PM   #9
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
I've got a very basic explanation:
On eInk devices, you've got serious lag between writing on the screen and actually seeing the result. You can't adjust in time and just see, that again you've drafted 1mm off target.
On tablet PCs, you'd see that 1mm off target in an instance and would adjust accordingly.

That's definitely not the only explanation. But I guess, it does have quite an impact.
I don't think that is the problem. What I get is distortion at the top and bottom 2cm but it works well in the middle section, and sometimes small strokes I definitely didn't make appear. For example if I write a 1 (a straight line up and down) I often get a tiny additional line bridging off to the side at the bottom. This happens even if I erase and repeat in the very same spot and pay great attention to my strokes.

But those are minor issues for me, they do not really affect note taking, since nobody except me has to read them in their original state, anyway. Others may have higher expectations and I hope firmware updates will improve on this.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote