View Single Post
Old 04-12-2013, 03:25 PM   #88
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Related question - how can I 'revert' to the original epub

I usually do an epub to epub convert to create a 'backup' in the form of an epub_original before I use Tweak Books, Sigil etc to alter the epub. If I don't like the result of the alterations I want to get back to where I was.

At the moment I
  1. Remove <whatever>.epub
  2. Save <whatever>.original.epub to the desktop
  3. Remove <whatever>.original.epub
  4. Rename <whatever>.original_epub to <whatever>.epub on the desktop
  5. Drag/Drop <whatever>.epub from the desktop into the Book Details panel
  6. Delete <whatever>.epub from the desktop
It works, but... "There must be an easier way." methinks.

BR
It's a bad idea to do an ePub > ePub conversion just to get an original_ePub before doing a Tweak eBook. It would be best to open original location, make a copy, do your Tweak and if it's OK, delete the copy.

By doing an ePub > ePub conversion, you are unnecessarily changing the code before you do your Tweak.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote