View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 01:21 PM   #720
Kai771
Just a Noob
Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Read twobob's work.

He shows how to get an application (on /mnt/us) to use system files and libraries, also on /mnt/us.
No changes required to the Kindle system files.
You obviously don't understand me. I read twobob's work and I do understand what he's talking about. But it's not what I'm trying to do. I don't want to copy new libs on Kindle in /mnt/us/usr/lib. I want my app to use Kindle system lib.

I read Linaro 2012.04 README (I guess I should've read it long ago... so stupid of me):
Quote:
Target compatibility
--------------------
The arm-linux-gnueabi version targets the Linaro Evaluation Build
11.10 flavour of Ubuntu 11.10 "Oneiric Ocelot". The default
configuration is:

* Runs on all Cortex-A profile devices
* Tuned for the Cortex-A9
* Thumb-2
* 'softfp' calling convention
* Uses the VFPv3-D16 FPU
* Multiarch enabled
* EGLIBC 2.13
* A GCC 4.7 series libgcc and libstdc++
It's built against EGLIBC. Kindle 3 uses GLIBC. No wonder it's not working, right?
Kai771 is offline   Reply With Quote