View Single Post
Old 06-21-2011, 06:48 AM   #29
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Quote:
Originally Posted by anamardoll View Post
There's currently no online database that I know of that is controlled by, say, the government, and says which books have been published online and by whom and where and with valid links to each. It'd be nice to have, but until something like that exists, buying from Amazon (or wherever) is still a crapshoot to a certain (rather small) extent.
My problem with this is that people assume that since it is on Amazon, it is OK. And that is wrong.

I've been in train stations where they keep repeating that you shouldn't leave your luggage unattended. Project Gutenberg tells people to check if the books are in public domain in their countries. Amazon could place a banner saying that people should check if the books are legit.
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote