Thread: Troubleshooting Help! My Kindle has gone crazy!
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 11:24 PM   #9
Alison C
Enthusiast
Alison C shares his or her toysAlison C shares his or her toysAlison C shares his or her toysAlison C shares his or her toysAlison C shares his or her toysAlison C shares his or her toysAlison C shares his or her toysAlison C shares his or her toysAlison C shares his or her toysAlison C shares his or her toysAlison C shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle Paperwhite wifi
I'm glad you sorted your problem out, Elflaede. I just wanted to reinforce what others have said about Amazon customer support. I sent them an email about an issue I was having, and they responded saying it would be easier to resolve by phone.

I'm in Australia, so my immediate thought was "what's that going to cost me?" I had visions of the nightmare call-centre scenario: enduring tinny "music" while waiting endlessly on hold, then being told they'll transfer you to someone else and the call being lost - back to square one.

Amazon couldn't be more different. All you do is go to the "Contact us" section, select "phone", pick your country and type in your number. You then click a button asking them to call you "now" or "in five minutes". I selected "now", and within ten seconds the phone rang. The Amazon person was helpful, knowledgeable and efficient; he resolved my problem, and everything he said would happen did. Incredibly impressive; I wish more companies would do this. (Medibank Private and Velocity Rewards, I'm looking at YOU.)

So if you do encounter another problem in the future, don't hesitate to contact Amazon.
Alison C is offline   Reply With Quote