View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 11:28 PM   #9
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
SteveEisenberg

1. I referred to TV News and in particular local as a source of news as the old sources huddle together in an unreachable underground crypt or dry up and blow away. (Thank goodness.) I didn't say they didn't have their own problems with viewpoint, on politics, etc.

2. In the panel to the left as you refer to it, I only see one category that explicitly states that it might have other than the facts.

3. Perhaps I should have said I like the old journalist emphasis on facts. The J. Schools I understand it are now totally up todate with opinionated and one sided teaching.

4. As for what you call old journalism, I don't claim real familiarity with those people except for Hersh who had a wild daughter who shot at some cops and belonged to one of those strangely names groups.

5. This "POV for fact selection" is a travesty of an idea.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote