View Single Post
Old 06-19-2011, 12:22 PM   #111
capnm
Groupie
capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: sony
I ran a couple of searches against my library to see what variations of @page, body were in the css.

Some books have multiple css files. I'd just say "no" to messing with those.

There were a couple with extra labeled @page statements, which aren't 'book level'. My first thought was that therefore this variant shouldn't be touched, but as I reconsider, it probably doesn't matter.

Code:
#cover @page { 
margin-top: 0; 
}
The @page keyword can be followed by an id string before the {

Some books had multiple body statements.

I think simplest would be to just delete all occurrences of the five margin properties in all the @page and body statements.

Fancier would be to then insert a user configured string to set the four margins.

The plugin configuration could ask for four numbers, or, my preference, ask for a string. Asking for a string is simple and powerful, but leaves more room for user error

Here are some other example variations:

Code:
body { 
margin: 0; padding: 0; border-width: 0; 
font-size: 95%; 
text-align: justify; 
line-height: 120%; 
font-family:sans-serif; 
} 

@page { margin: 3pt; }
Code:
@page { margin: 14pt 0pt 16pt 0pt; }