View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 12:06 PM   #11
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedlever View Post
FWIW, I've only had my K3 for a few weeks... but I've gone through 2 cases and 2 lights... and have returned them all for the lighted Kindle cover.

Both cases that I tried were very well made and did the job. But my complaint was that the way the K3 fit into the cases caused a problem for me getting to the right arrow bar. Any case made this way could/may have the same issue and both my cases (from different mfgs) had the same issue. Here's a pic to show what I mean:

Maybe my thumb is too big. But I always had to be careful hitting that right arrow bar because the case material intruded just enough to be in the way.

And the light issue: I bought the Pathway light from Target and the Mighty Bright TravelFlex... and returned them both. The Pathway was too large and clunky for my tastes and I couldn't even close the case cover with it on. It was always an issue of putting on and taking off the light. I just don't want to dink around with a bunch of gear (I take my K3 all over the place with me).

The TravelFlex could have worked, but recognizing that I was going to replace both cases anyway, I figured I might as well get a case that provided no intrusions on the face and had a light, all in one package. And while I don't often need a light, those few times when I do it sure would be nice to have it available if I remember to bring the light along. With it built into the cover like the lighted Kindle cover, I have it all in one nice and neat package.

So the lighted Kindle cover is now on its way to me.
would you mind putting this up up in both the cover and light threads in the stickies? along with the names of the covers? this is really good information for people to have and this way it will be up there and readily available for people who are still looking.

Thanks! ;o)
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote