Thread: 0.1-beta2
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2008, 05:21 PM   #8
Krystian Galaj
Guru
Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Bookeen Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by quickhand View Post
Hi. I'm the main developer for Madshelf. Many people have been clamoring for a delete function (I have no use for it myself, but it seems a popular request), so I'm glad you like it. If you have any other feature requests, let me know. As for cybook support, it is in progress and already quite far along (Madshelf is ready, the rest of OI nearly so).

As for the question "why would I want to [install OI on Cybook]?", the answer is simple: because soon it will do everything that cybook's firmware does and more, and the things that cybook's firmware already does, OI will do better. That, and it's open, so it is fully customizable. So the question will soon be:
Why would I keep cybook's limited original firmware?

Cheers!
Will it be able to read Mobipocket DRM-protected books, without the need of using potentially illegal tools to strip protection? Original firmware does that.

Also, isn't Cybook version development is now on hold indefinitely, as Cybook version developer's Cybook broke and he's waiting for any information from Booken concerning replacing it?

How will OI handle PDF files? Will it reflow PDF text like Sony Reader does, or will it allow zooming, but keep PDF in original proportions, like Cybook original firmware does?

Does OI's PDF reader handle technical documents as well as Cybook original firmware already?

Or, in other words, how soon is soon?