View Single Post
Old 06-06-2012, 11:28 AM   #300
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerotan View Post
I have erased the /var/local partition as per silver18's guide (the code that is: dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/mmcblk0p3 bs=4k count=1k). However, just to be sure, I'll rerun the steps again and try the code: echo 0 > /var/local/upstart/lab126_gui.restarts

Thank you for your patience. I'll try it now.

EDIT: WOW. Just WOW. My kindle touch is up and running again. Thank you very much silver18. And thank you very much geekmaster. I'm sorry if I stroked your angry side because of my stupidity. I ran the code: echo 0 > /var/local/upstart/lab126_gui.restarts in addition to everything in the guide. And it worked! Back to
The bold text did not indicate anger. It was just to draw your attention to those points. A lot of people only read a little of my posts and respond to what got their attention (sometimes missing the important points), so I often bold the most important points to draw their attention. No anger. Just exercising my "infinite" patience.

I am glad that you successfully debricked your kindle, and I will add your post to the success list in the first post.

Last edited by geekmaster; 06-06-2012 at 11:31 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote