View Single Post
Old 08-16-2011, 03:36 PM   #168
Harmon
King of the Bongo Drums
Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Excelsior! (Strange...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by anamardoll View Post
So please do not think that just because Apple is easier for you that it is therefore easier for everyone.
I think there's an objective case showing that Macs are easier to use. (Note, I do not say "easier to learn." People learn in different ways, and what I've found is that people who learn PC programs better tend to be linear thinkers (i.e., a follows b follows c) while people who learn Mac programs better tend to leapfrog (a...f...g...oh wait, c...))

For example, from the beginning, Mac programs have followed Apple's interface rules, which pretty much insure that the same keystroke/mousing action yields the same outcome in every program. http://hci.stanford.edu/publications...uidelines.html

As I remarked earlier in this thread, I think, I do not regard Apple products as "intuitive" at first. I think, though, that once you start learning how to use them, they become intuitive. In essence, the user learns to speak Macintosh.

This situation has become less extreme as other interfaces adopted the Apple approach, but Apple still has a lead, and probably always will because of the integration of hardware & software in their products.

So it's not exactly "Your Mileage May Vary." It's more "Your Mileage Will Be Worse."
Harmon is offline   Reply With Quote