View Single Post
Old 04-14-2010, 02:56 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by diokdin View Post
Thanks I get the series and series index. But the author for the series is gone so I tried this:

{author}/{series}/{series_index:0>2s}-{title}/{title}

And it works!

Though I would love for the book title series # to sort directly without the added subfolder. Can we do that? Ex: Series name--> The Book Itself (but already sorted 01, 02 etc without the added subfolder of 01. Book Title subfolder)

Right Now it's like this: Author->Series Name->01. Book Title Subfolder-> 01. The Book Itself.

I want it to be this: Author-> Series Name->01. The Book Itself

You know what I mean?

I tried: {author}/{series}-{title}/{title}
Don't really work. There will be a lot of the same Book series Name.

Anyway, Just wondering if it's possible if not I guess this will do. Thanks so much! Really big help.
Just stick {authors}/ or {author_sort}/ in the front of my previous sort string.

BUT I strongly submit you do not want to do it that way

Books with Various Author combinations break your series up by those combinations. (some Baen series (anthologies excluded) have 4 or more combinations of authors)

I hang the Author onto the last Title .../{title}-{author} so I know which authors were guilty for this book
I file non-series books by Author in a subfolder "00NoSeries" which is a dummy series in the series list
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote