View Single Post
Old 07-18-2014, 06:04 PM   #28989
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Well, that was a fun morning. NOT.

The doctor switched my asthma medication a couple of weeks ago, going from a combined broncodialator + corticosteroid to a new, once a day corticosteroid and good old Ventalin as the broncodialator. But starting yesterday, I began to have problems with my throat closing up, difficulty swallowing, etc. And it seemed to be related to the Ventalin. (The new corticosteroid is definitely working better. That one we keep.) But this morning the throat closing problem was still there, and worse. Called the local clinic - my doc wasn't in today, and wasn't in his other office, in the next town down the Coast. Turns out it was his day to work the ER at the Coast hospital, St. Mary's. So I went down there and queued up to see him there. (I actually didn't want to, I avoid going to ERs for "routine" things, but his office person said that this was more than justified.) So I saw him, and he agrees it's probably the Ventalin, most likely a reaction to the propellant. (Pharmacist also agreed later that he's seen it before.) So I have yet another broncodialator to try, this one a "twist puff" dispenser (no propellant), and we keep the new corticosteroid. But it hasn't been a fun 24 hours.

Now, some First Flush Darjeeling. I think I still have a little of last year's Puttabong Estate, which would be perfect this afternoon.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote