View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 05:01 PM   #6
paperwastage
Groupie
paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.paperwastage is no ebook tyro.

Device: kindle DX Graphite
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj2me View Post
Ditto, just pulled the trigger myself.

I'll be interested in web browsing "best practices." I tried Kindle 2 web browsing once on a friend's Kindle and was disappointed. It seemed to crash too much, and its speed seemed like 14,400 baud. But I didn't really know any tricks, like perhaps:
- disable images?
- enhanced vs. basic mode--which is better?
- stick to mobile sites when offered?
- creating bookmarks
- any other tricks.

I'm not expecting you to cover all this of course, but I'm very interested in getting to a point that I know how to get the most out of the Kindle's browser, and know its limitations (e.g., what sites the Kindle 2 cannot browse acceptably). Maybe after a couple of months of ownership, we can make such a thread. (Or the Kindle 3's browser will make such a thread moot.) I'm hoping the Kindle 2 can perform as a limited vacation-home browser (where I intentionally don't have broadband).

P.S. My first test on receiving the Kindle 2 will be to take it in the sun and turn pages for about 10 minutes, in order to be sure I didn't get one of the bad (fading) screens.
well, right now my new apartment doesn't have internet for a few more days, and the walk to the library(for free wifi) takes 15 minutes, so i hope that the kindle 2 can tide me over for a few more days of email-viewing

and thanks for the sun-fading thing... haven't kept up with kindle issues since dec 09... any other things I should look for?
paperwastage is offline   Reply With Quote