Thread: Glo Glo Battery Problems
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 07:00 AM   #207
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
No results yet, but, I did find some discrepancies in the factory firmware. My problem one has a newer build, and uhm, well, see for yourself.

Code:
                                              	Factory0.img	Mrs_O's
rootfs/usr/local/Kobo/revinfo                 	42598         	34b1ceb91d7dc8ff27c0a0f81b44ba7614204978
recoveryfs/upgrade/fs.tgz modified         	31 Aug 2012	15 Oct 2012
recoveryfs/upgrade/fs.tgz size               	116.4 MB	78.1 MB
recoveryfs/upgrade/fs.tgz/usr/local/Kobo/revinfo 42598         	43939
That all makes sense. The image I sent you, which I got from someone here has 2.1.2 as the factory firmware. That is build r42598. The image was probably taken immediately after doing a factory reset. Or it was taken before the device was first turned on. Because of that, the rootfs partition will have the same firmware levels as the recoveryfs partition.

Your Glo came with build r43939 on the recovery partition. From my notes for the betas, this is probably 2.1.4, but it might be 2.1.3. On the rootfs, you have firmware 2.4.0 which has the new style build number. The device information displays the first 10 characters of this.

The sizes for both files match with what I have for the beta versions. A quick check and the main difference seems to be the dictionaries. These were included in 2.1.2, but not in 2.1.4. From 2.1.4, they are were downloaded separately.

I will be very interested in your test results. I know I mentioned it to you, but I don't think I said it in the forums. Or if I did, I can't find the post. I am wondering if the firmware upgrades have not replaced a file. And the factory firmware you had has a bug that the earlier versions didn't. If your Glo has good sleep battery life with this image, then that will support this theory.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote