View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 06:59 AM   #44
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZImmortal View Post
If I remember correctly, Amazon originally advertised something along the lines of "lifetime free 3G".
My memory is otherwise.

If I'm mistaken -- and it has happened -- you can find the old Kindle marketing web pages at waybackmachine.org, and prove me wrong.

The original Kindle free internet has been delivered, in the US, for 4 1/2 years. That a long time in the tech world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
You won't be able to download files, listen to music, watch video, have access to flash ... .
Nothing new. eInk Kindles are for reading, listening to side-loaded MP3's, and the lightest data entry; the browser has never offered those features.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
Plus the use of the browser is quite awkward so I do not think many people would generate substantial traffic.
I don't find it awkward once set up with bookmarks appropriate to it.

A suspicious person could say that by using the word "experimental," and pre-loading bookmarks unsuited to the device, Amazon has always been discouraging browser use. But I don't know where they broke a promise.
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote