View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 12:18 PM   #1
oj829
Groupie
oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oj829 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Kobo Arc(32GB), Kobo Arc 7HD, Kobo Glo HD,NookHD
Port forwarding needed in order to sync Glo: can anyone help?

It seems pretty obvious now that the reason my new Glo won't sync down books is because I have security settings on my home WiFi router that prevent it. I see from my router packet traffic logs that it is dropping outbound packets from my Glo to a remote host on port 8443 (8447? Can't remember now.)

My Touch does not have this problem. I have only established the simplest of port-forwarding rules on my router, and then only to do - well, never mind

Obviously, my Glo allocates a different address for itself behind the NAT every time I fire it up, so I confess to just being stymied as to how to configure a port forwarding rule that will (I guess) detect the outbound request, and trigger the opening of port or ports just back to that host (rather than everthing I have NATted).

Apologies in advance because I know this is stupid, but I've in fact never successfully gotten port forwarding to work for me without following rote recommendations.

Any help appreciated.... I'm going to write Kobo, also, who I already put a trouble ticket in with...
oj829 is offline   Reply With Quote