Thread: 50's books
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 10:12 PM   #10
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexGrama View Post
Hi guys. The title can be misleading. I want some recommendations of some books in which the action is happening in the 40's or 50's in USA (but it can be in Europe or so). I want to get a hold of those times.

I am planning to go back and stay there. Better times.

Thank you.
I think everyone has that misconception about 'earlier times' being better in some way. I could think that the 70's were better than the 2nd decade of the 21st century but that doesn't make it so. We had unemployment, gas shortages, the war in Vietnam, threat of Nuclear War with Russia, and serial killers like Gacy, Bundy & Speck. Some things were simpler but a lot of things were harder too. And in the 50's we had some of the same things as in the 70's. They even had a killer by the name of Ed Gein in the news back then. Not to mention the discovery of the Holocaust once Germany had surrendered in 1945.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote