View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 12:41 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjt57 View Post
Which Dropbox folder? And how do I tell Calibre to write the news feeds directly to that folder?
Use any one folder in your dropbox, call it whatever you want. Use the Connect to folder feature to connect to that folder as a device then use the Send to device icon to send books to that folder.

You can have calibre automatically connect to that folder on startup by going to Preferences - Tweaks - Specify a folder calibre should connect to at startup and following the example enter the folder in the Edit tweak area. Click apply lower right, then click Apply top left.

Quote:
Also, one problem is that if the files are large ones, then over a wifi connection (and even my ADSL one) it will take quite a while to transfer.
Planning ahead by transferring the files to Dropbox at night would help with your limitation.

Quote:
Thing is, I want to set Calibre to auto-download new recipes from various news sources, mainly tech news, to the iPad each morning before I head off to work.
I can't talk Apple or iPad, but the Dropbox method above would work great.

Quote:
If the process can be automated all I need to do is to set and forget as I get ready for the day.
If you decide to use the Dropbox method it certainly can be automated.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote