View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 11:42 AM   #20
hieronymos
Groupie
hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.

Device: Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darnielle View Post
I have a WDTV Live hooked up in the bedroom that has a 1TB external HDD. I can stream files from the PC to it, and more importantly I can browse the 1TB external drive from my PC and send files over to it. What I'd like to do is to be able to use the Vox as a network-enabled file manager... I'm doubtful that this is possible, but with the right apps and a little ingenuity who knows?
Totally possible. I very much like ES File Explorer, it has a nice interface for browsing different network sources (FTP, Samba, Dropbox all in one place). In order to control your TV as well as access the films on it it, try Skifta - it's pretty straightforward to use, doesn't have too many buttons and is stable. You should also be able to stream films or music from the Kobo to the TV with it.
ScummVM works and has a native port :-) (if you were planning on using ScummVM trough DosBox?... you can cut out DosBox if you want) The latest stable release is good.
hieronymos is offline   Reply With Quote