View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 04:42 AM   #4
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobK99 View Post
When I upload my Sigil-produced EPUB file to KDP and it processes it to make a MOBI file, the MOBI file works (I can read it and navigate it using GoTo commands), but it opens (in the Kindle Previewer) halfway through the TOC.

If this was a problem with KDP's converter, the answer to my problem would be 'Ask THEM why it happens', but their answer would be 'You should have used OUR tool to get from HTML'.

But I doubt if it IS their problem (at least, not a problem with their converter from EPUB to MOBI), because when I try to open the EPUB file directly (as it's a supported input format for the KDP Previewer) it fails almost immediately with the error 'Kindle Previewer has failed to compile the book'.

Any ideas?

b
Well, this:

Quote:
'Kindle Previewer has failed to compile the book'
tells you that you have larger issues than the start location. Uploading an ePUB directly at KDP that fails at KindleGen/KindlePreviewer is a recipe for disaster, as if it doesn't compile properly with KG/KP, it certainly won't magically compile, using the same exact program, at KDP.

So: does the ePUB pass ePUBcheck and Flight Crew, and how did you set your start location?

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote