Thread: Touch Kobo Touch Firmware 2.0
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 07:10 PM   #65
Jaden
Evangelist
Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boruteczko View Post
Terrible fail...

I'm already regretting this update - Polish diacritics are missing in most fonts and despite of all "advanced" tweaking remain too thin, some books fail to open, useless and cluttering "discover" and " wishlist", no shortlist and there's no watch icon!?

(Yes, I did a factory reset.)
On my Kobo, most fonts look okay. Two of the new ones have no advanced settings, but the rest is fine. Not sure about diactrics, because I don't have books with them. If they are missing now, that's a no go of course.

I'm not sure about added fonts - I think they don't look the same as they did before...

You don't have to open "Discover" and it's much less cluttering than the extra caroussel (though I admit I liked that - fast access to my shortlist).

Watch icon is gone, but if you hit the gear, time will show as well. It's the same amout of taps it used to be, is it not?

Shortlist came up for me after doing a factory reset and adding the first book to the shortlist (as was suggested).

What about the positive stuff:

I like the way the dictionary works now. Much easier to look up words. Works now like it should have been working from the beginning...

Last edited by Jaden; 07-10-2012 at 07:21 PM.
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote