View Single Post
Old 06-12-2011, 09:55 AM   #2
Psyke
Evangelist
Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wi-Fi - Kobo Touch - GNex - N7
I got the same issue with the wife's wifi last night when I loaded a new book into it from my own install..all the kobo's use my account so there should not have been an issue. I'm going to try removing it and try installing it from her PC, which still has the previous version of the desktop manager. If it doesn't want to go. At worse, I've already de-DRM'd the book in question and I'll just side load it if I have too, but it's something you would have thought KOBO would have checked before releasing a new version of the desktop manager...

Update - ok, so that was useless...going back to the previous desktop manager gives me the following message when trying to update:

" we are unable to update your device's database. Syncing cannot be completed".... nice.

doing a factory reset; will try the new software again, and if it doesn't work, I'll do another factory reset and try the old again. Does anyone do any type of compatibility testing over at Kobo?

Last edited by Psyke; 06-12-2011 at 10:25 AM. Reason: update
Psyke is offline   Reply With Quote