View Single Post
Old 07-14-2010, 03:40 AM   #3
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by tayseidel View Post
I am considering a Kindle DX Graphite purchase this month. I would be moving to the DXg from the PRS-505. I have a significant amount of un-DRM'd books that I am going to have to convert over to mobi for reading on the DXg. However, the PRS-505 had a 6 inch screen. I was wondering how the DXg's 9 inch will handle my books?

Also, would books I buy from the kindle store fill up the entire screen on the DXg? I don't have the device yet. Essentially, what I am asking is how books published in paperback format will look on the DX? My entire library consists of star trek novels that traditionally have been published in paperback.
Even if your books aren't optimised for the specific reader, most of the eBook formats will do the optimisation "on the fly".
Just an example: If you change the font size, obviously the number of words per line changes accordingly, as do line breaks and so on.
So, wheter the reader is 800x600 or 1024x768 or whatever resolution or whether it's 5", 6", 9.7" or whatever display size, the text will automatically reflow accordingly.
That's of course only true for reflowable file formats (some readers only zoom in PDFs and then of course display size does make a difference).
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote