View Single Post
Old 03-12-2009, 06:13 PM   #13
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kessler View Post
Sharing books between Kindles would be great.
I understand why they want to restrict it some since it would be easy to share books with thousands of your dearest "friends", but I think they could come up with some reasonable restrictions that would keep it financially feasible.

They could let you use a time-limited DRM to loan books like libraries do or limit the number of times a month you could loan out books. Or maybe they could use social networking idea like the author mentions and let you have a network of other friends who own Kindles on other accounts that you could do some sharing with. My sister and one of my cousins also have Kindles. We have similar tastes. It irks me that I can't loan them a book like I would if it were a paper object. It's not practical for us to share an Amazon account. It's even a bit of a pain for my husband and I to share. Funny thing is I was able to include his account in my Prime membership so they do have an ability to draw relationships between accounts.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote