View Single Post
Old 07-09-2008, 02:32 PM   #1
TomJones
TomJones began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad v1
Mounting/Recognizing ext2 CF card

Hi,
I am having trouble getting my ext2 formatted CF card recognized by my iliad. I am a real newbie to linux and so far its going pretty rough.

a) I downloaded the developer's package from IDs-This is working since I was able to use FBReader before reformatting my card.
b) I booted my computer with Knoppix and reformatted my 8G Transcend 133X card with QTParted to ext2
c) I am using Ext2 IFS version 1.11 in Windows to move files onto the card.
d) I can open files from the card in both Windows and Linux but the card appears blank on the iliad
e) I tried making a script in notepad++ and saved as a unix .sh file. I know nothing about making scripts but based on other threads on this forum I tried one file that consisted only of a single line:

mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/cf -t ext2

f) I moved this file to the internal memory of the iliad. I then clicked on it in the iliad. The screen refreshed after a second as if it had executed but when I navigate back to the CF card it still appears empty.

Should a script consisting only of this single line function and should you only have to try to open this file from the internal memory of the iliad for it to work?

Thanks,
Tom
TomJones is offline   Reply With Quote