View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 01:26 PM   #5
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koko View Post
Sounds like the problem is in the html, since it freezes while reading the book.
<table> inside <table> and <thead>, <tbody> <tfooter> will make the kindle freeze (see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=148747)
The device does only read the pages you are currently reading so memory is problably not an issue. The largest book I have on my DX are one where the html is 11 MB and the PRC is 78 MB. I have several other large PRC's on the device (54, 50, 48, 25, 16 MB).
I always remove unessasary tags from the html, since when used in exsess may make the page turning slower. Some large html's may be reduced to more than half the size by doing so.
Thanks for the heads up. I will remember when cleaning a book to remove these although this was not the reason for my freeze issue it's something I did not know and all the books I get from Smashwords it wouldn't surprise me if I ran across it someday.

My Freeze issue is still a mystery.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote