View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 05:13 AM   #17
NASCARaddicted
Addict
NASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: BeBook One, Pocketbook Touch, Pocketbook Touch HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
What an article in "The Register" points out is that it's her PUBLISHER (Random House) who issued the take-down notices, and it's not at all clear whether she was even aware that it had been done, so we may perhaps be letting ourselves get a little carried away with the criticism.

Article here.
I did some search on the Internet, and according to a german languaged article, she was well aware of it. She even talked to Random House about it, before the book was released ... of course now they try to talk themself out of it.

She said "she is not against Copyright, but the concept of intellectual property is a wrong term to her ..." yeah, right.

Here is the link, for the ones that speak german (or want to check out google translator). It also shows the woman itself. I think if she would be ugly, she would have much less media attention.

http://www.zeit.de/politik/deutschla...-Buch-Download

However, what also should be mentioned: before the book was even released, she already earned 100.000€ (about $130.000) in advance. And, even more interestingly: The biggest german newspaper (or how I like to call them "crap-paper") also reported about this book. And according to them, the whole book is just boring and crappy ...
NASCARaddicted is offline   Reply With Quote