View Single Post
Old 08-26-2008, 04:49 PM   #40
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ret View Post
I guess REB1200 uses other servers to connect for bookshelves so if I'm not wrong you should add to privoxy settings the line "forward .softbook.net 127.0.0.1:9090".
No, it uses the same servers as the EBW1150 (I migrated it over already)
Quote:
Are you following me on why we are using privoxy, adding those lines, etc?
You got me on WHY? other than the obvious to handle non *.ebooksystem.net HTTP requests. Now the task begins getting Linreb to do all of this! Is their a reason, in the future, to keep Privoxy "in the loop"?
Quote:
So, basically you need to do this:
1- Run Linreb (usually uses port 9090)
2- Run privoxy (usually uses port 8118)
3- add the lines "forward .ebooksystem.net LINREB_IP:LINREB_PORT" and "forward .softbook.net LINREB_IP:LINREB_PORT"
(where LINREB_IP is the IP address where Linreb is runnning and LINREBPORT is the port in which it listens)
4- Set the reader to use HTTP proxy pointing to the IP address and port of privoxy.

In the case that privoxy, Linreb and the reader are connected to the same PC just use 127.0.0.1 (I don't know why it didn't work when I use my PC's local IP 192.168.#.1)
That's my problem! (in bold above); my reader is at IP_address_1 and Linreb and Privoxy are at IP_address_2. I will try your suggestions and experiment more, but the BATTLE has been won. The readers can access and surf the 'net!

Job well done, Ret! I'd give you more karma, but the system here is not allowing me to do so soon after already giving you karma!

p.s. is there a capture log that can be saved from Privoxy and posted here to see which HTTP requests don't make it to Linreb? and then post Linreb's capture file to refer to it? This should start us off in adapting the Linreb code to hopefully cut out Privoxy from the equation.

Has anyone tried this in linux yet? how about MacOS! The possibilities could be endless....

Last edited by nrapallo; 02-22-2009 at 10:59 PM. Reason: better to use Impserve for Surfing the Internet!
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote