View Single Post
Old 08-26-2008, 09:11 AM   #34
derrell
Jack O' Apes
derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Nokia N810, EZ-Reader, HTC Droid Incredible, Archos 70
Actually what I've been doing with the conversions from lit and mobi is to run the tool that will convert whichever file type to the oeb style directory and using eBook Publisher run through wine to create the imp file. What I like about your scripts is that they turn that into a one step process.

Even when I get the whole wine setup working thats still going to be a huge round about kludge. I've searched around looking for something that will create an imp file without using eBook Publisher and haven't found anything.

Seeing as how I need my Virtualbox XP to download lit files with IE that I've purchased I guess its not that big of a deal to start it and run the conversion scripts there.

Nick
I'm not one of those militant Linux guys I won't boo and hiss it just because Bill Gates had something to do with. I freely admit the man is one hell of a business man, locked nearly the entire industry into a voluntary monopoly. I just choose not to use when there is a choice. Sometimes there just isn't one though.

Last edited by derrell; 08-26-2008 at 09:17 AM.
derrell is offline   Reply With Quote