View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 05:14 PM   #8
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
You can do that to import the actual collections into the Kindle, yes, but will it put the books into the collections for you? I didn't think it would. Apologies if I'm wrong about that.
Yes it will do it for you, if the books exist on the kindle then they go into the same collections as they are on the device you are importing from. If the books are not on the kindle, then it just imports an empty collection. It is not 100%, but I think that has more to do with how quickly Amazon's servers are updated with all your changes. I wish there was more control over which collections were imported and the ability to remove collections from their servers. The longer you have a device the more junk collections you will end up with on their servers. I don't think Amazon gave a lot of thought to collections and books which were not purchased from them when they implemented this process, but that is a non-issue because at least this makes it easier to do than doing it all manually.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote