Thread: PRS-T1 I Gave Up...
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 12:13 PM   #9
luvduchovny
Zealot
luvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melon

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500, PRS-600, PRS-650, PRS-T1, PRS-T3
I've had the rapid page turning thing happen on the T1 (actually it only skips over about 2 pages), but I also had that problem with the 650 sometimes. I discovered it would happen because dust would collect in the corners of the reader. A quick blast of air in the corners resolved the problem. I assume (I know one should never do that) that dust is the problem this time also for the page turning. Even with a cover on I think the plastic casing is static and draws dust to it. My handy can of compressed air is never too far from me anyway.

I had freezing the first time I used the reader but I concluded it was because the books I had on my micro sd were not the formats that the T1 uses (remember it only reads pdf, epub and txt and that's it. No rtf, doc, or lrf). Once I removed those from the sd card I never had another freeze up. It's been steady and reliable ever since.
luvduchovny is offline   Reply With Quote