Thread: PRS-T1 I Gave Up...
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011, 10:16 PM   #1
MooseFam5
Enthusiast
MooseFam5 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueMooseFam5 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueMooseFam5 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueMooseFam5 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueMooseFam5 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueMooseFam5 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueMooseFam5 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueMooseFam5 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueMooseFam5 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueMooseFam5 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueMooseFam5 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Nook STR, Nook Tablet
I Gave Up...

I bought the PRS-T1 shortly after it was released. I liked everything about it until I also began experiencing the "rapid pages turning and catatonic touch screen" that Sony has acknowledged on its forums.

After about 3-4 episodes of the freezing and about the same number of emails back and forth with Sony, today I emailed them asking if they were any closer to diagnosing the root cause of this issue and, hopefully, affecting a solution. The terse response from their support was that since I had already tried the factory restart, I could schedule service on the device...

Luckily, I had 5 days left in the window to return the device to Target- which I did this evening. I then drove to my local Barnes & Noble and bought the Nook Simple Touch Reader.

Luckily, I am a happy user of Calibre (thanks Kovid!) so I simply changed my device in the software and look forward to putting my current books on the Nook after its initial charge and registration.

I am disappointed. I like Sony and wanted the Reader to be better than it was. I am a little surprised that this issue seems to be rather widespread and the company exhibits little sense of urgency for resolution. I am curious, though, as to how Sony continues to respond to this issue. Has anyone gotten any information beyond "try the factory restart or schedule service" response?
MooseFam5 is offline   Reply With Quote