View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 04:17 PM   #6
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starko View Post
Thanks helen. I tried but i am not good at CSS and i see that there are a lot of inheritance there so i have no idea what the actual font size is and where i have to change it. That would also mean that i'd have to do it every time with every book i convert.
I was more thinking in terms of having a setting somewhere that makes <pre>, <tt> and other monosize fonts smaller during conversion to moby.
Probably Kovid's advice will fix it, but if not...

I know very little about CSS either dammit.

One easy solution to try is under conversion>look and feel>filter style information. Check/tick fonts box. I did not think the kindle 3 had seperate fonts so this probably will not work, but if it does work you could make it your conversion default.

As to the tweak option, it is a bit of a pain in the butt to have to change a lot of files. I have done over 500 I am sure and and generally do 10 or less at a time. But when they are done they are done.

I inspect a selected portion of the text in the calibre viewer. Usually the font size is listed. At this point I uncheck the box beside the font size to see if everything looks better. If it does I tweak the epub and remove all font size lines in stylesheet.css with that size. Or change them to the size I want. Worst case I just remove every font size reference. Notepad works although there are better programs. Adobe dreamweaver for one.

Once you have done one it takes about a minute per book which to me is better than being annoyed constantly every time you reference the book.

Helen

PS I ignore the inheritance and you have the choice to preview the book before you rebuild it.

Last edited by speakingtohe; 11-11-2012 at 04:20 PM.
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote