View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013, 08:01 AM   #612
Steve8x8
Steve8x8 began at the beginning.

Device: PW
Smile Another happy CM camper, but too hesitant...

I think it's time to say Hi to ixtab and friends - you've been doing a fantastic work here!

I purchased a PW last week, as a birthday present for a special lady, and eagerly unpacked it (leaving the packaging intact; to check everything is OK with the device, and perform some initial setup).
Before, I had checked this thread's first post, and downloaded a bunch of files.

My story:
- PW came with 5.3.4 installed, so I bumped that to 5.3.5 (now that CM 2.4.0 supports that, and there's a JB for it, it seemed to be the wisest choice for a start).
- JB, Kindlet JB and DevCerts installed smoothly. (During JB install, I saw the RescuePack being mentioned, so I skipped that.)
- I went on to install the BackdoorLock Hack (non-KUAL version, for now). Which was a good idea since there was an incomplete 5.3.6 download already in /mnt/us... I also created a dummy directory in place of it.
- Next was Collection Manager (2.4.0). I hadn't got the knack of nested collections yet (I had to walk through the 41 pages of this thread to understand how to create a collection within a collection).

There are some questions remaining.
-1- Once made invisible, I cannot find books in the CM root anymore to move them, or make them visible again. Calibre doesn't seem to care, but also not to have a way to toggle visibility.
-2- Selection and copy/move options only work for the 5 books in the top panel. Selecting, then scrolling will clear selections. Bug or feature?
-3- Making a book invisible will keep me at the same position. Moving to collection will send me back to page 1. Although this resembles Amazon's library: Bug or feature?
-4- I understand that I will have to reinstall Kindlet JB and DevCerts when upgrading (while that should leave the device JB intact) - what will happen to my CM collections in the meantime?

-2- and -3- together made it a bit tedious to move *most* books into collections - now that I think about it I should have created a collection "Uncollected", drop everything in my way there, and empty that one when done...

I've still got a couple of days to play with the device, every hint is appreciated.
And... did I say "Thank you" yet?
Steve8x8 is offline   Reply With Quote