View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 12:43 PM   #58
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by pj123 View Post
As for multitasking, there is an app called "side by side" for IPAD. You can put multiple windows side by side with each window running different jobs.
"Side by Side"?
Do you mean this one? https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/side...386528623?mt=8
Meaning: You can't actually use 2 separate apps, for example Kindle app and your email client, next to each other?
But basically all you can do is use a few pre-defined windows within the very same app?
If so, I wouldn't consider this "multi-tasking".
Sony on their Android tablets P and S went one step further: There are 2 apps on tablet P (and in addition the remote control on tablet S): Browser and calculator. You can use those 2 on top of any other app and even can change the size of the window.
Again: Only 2 specific apps, whereas in my understanding "multi tasking" would mean, using whatever apps you choose in parallel. Not freezing one to the background and bringing the other one to front.
Or even more limited: Having a single app which runs a few tasks in pre-defined windows. I've seen some of that kind on iPad. Usually it's web browsing + calculator + email + note or something like that. In my understanding, that's not multiple tasks. It's a single task (= one app), using more than one window.

Last edited by mgmueller; 11-04-2012 at 12:46 PM.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote