View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 12:08 PM   #6
delphin
Evangelist
delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by oliverbrama View Post
hi,
thanks for the suggestions - the books don't say secured or anything similar. I downloaded Calibre and ran them through it, and I'm still having the same problem. They are readable on my computer in the reader software or in the calibre program, and they transfer to my reader and show up in the book list, but when I try to open them in the reader it just says "page error!" Any other suggestions? worst case, i guess I can just read them on the computer...
What do you mean by 'ran them through' Calibre. Just using Calibre to load the book onto the viewer isn't enough, you have to run through a EPUB to EPUB book conversion.

After this you will also have to make sure to delete the copy on your reader before transferring it again.

If that doesn't work try EPUB to MOBI and follow that with a MOBI to EPUB and then delete the copy on the reader and transfer the version resulting from this double conversion.

This will overwrite your Calibre copy, so make sure that you have the original somewhere else so you can re-import it into Calibre if this doesn't work.

Last edited by delphin; 03-14-2011 at 12:11 PM.
delphin is offline   Reply With Quote