View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 10:47 AM   #1
vermontcathy
Connoisseur
vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'vermontcathy knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle 11, PW5, Oasis
Question Kindle for PC won't work

I recently got a new computer at work. The new one is Windows 7 (64-bit, I think, which I don't totally understand). I had Kindle for PC on my XP work computer, and I installed it on my new Windows 7 work computer. I am able to register and see my archive. But when I click on a book, it says the book can't be opened and tells me to delete it and try again. It also won't open non-DRM mobi books I have on my computer.

I've tried deregistering and reregistering, rebooting the computer, uninstalling and reinstalling the software, and installing version 1.0 (rather than the current 1.1). Nothing helps.

I've sent a sample to my Kindle for PC, and the sample shows up, but when I click on it, it says it can't be opened.

I can't call Kindle CS right now because I'm at work, but I'll send them an email. In the meantime, any ideas?
vermontcathy is offline   Reply With Quote