View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 07:26 PM   #31
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg Bell View Post
Thanks cromag. But with the installing updates, how is Microsoft going to contact me that I need to install updates? (I'm just so used to the updates happening basically automatically when I shut the computer down.) (I just don't want to screw anything up.) And really, I use Chrome all the time, even though IE is my default browser, so what's the big advantage to making Chrome the default browser? Maybe I should just leave well enough alone.
Updates have little linkage to the browser; the control panel update application is totally independent of the browser in recent versions of windows (Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8).

I run with Chrome as the default and have for a few years now. I also do have FireFox installed along with a fully updated install of IE 10 with no issues.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote