View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 07:45 PM   #3
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Aside from the usual tags for genre, etc., I have a bunch of utility tags:

[processed] for the ones that I've gone over, fixed the metadata, found the cover, etc.
[main] for the ones that go to the Reader's main memory.
[card] for the ones that go to the SD card.
[DNU] for the ones that don't go to the Reader at all (primarily huge PDFs with teensy print).
[paid] for non-free books, so I don't accidentally mix one in with the Baen Free Library or something.

My most important saved search is the "NEW" one, which is just every book that doesn't have a [processed] tag. I import a bunch of books, pick that search, and I can then go through and work on all of them at once: fix their missing metadata, search for a cover, tag them by subject, etc. Once I'm satisfied with the metadata, I give that book a [processed] tag and it goes away, into the great sea of To-Be-Read.

I'm seriously thinking of adding a couple of reading priority tags: "read now" and "read soon". I'm constantly finding something neat somewhere like Project Gutenberg, tossing it on the Reader to read later, and forgetting about it.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote