View Single Post
Old 12-26-2013, 05:30 AM   #1
adityadubey
Addict
adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Voyage
Dark/Gritty/Adult Epic Fantasy or SciFi

Hey everyone. Was looking to sink my teeth into a dark epic fantasy or SciFi series (although even standalone books work). To give a few examples of series which I read and loved (and which I wholeheartedly recommend to anyone who hasn't and is looking to read similar stuff):

- The Gap Cycle (Stephen R. Donaldson)
- A Song of Ice and Fire (George R.R. Martin); although the last few drag on and you wish he'd finish it and write the next one already
- Prince of Nothing (R. Scott Bakker); Eagerly awaiting the last book in the trilogy
- The Kingkiller chronicles (Patrick Rothfuss); Not particularly dark, but I really liked it
- The Earthsea books (Usrula Le Guin); Not particularly dark or adult, but excellent works
- The Revelation Space series (Alastair Reynolds); Some of the most brilliant SciFi I've read
- Hyperion and the Fall of Hyperion (Dan Simmons)
- The Malazan book of the fallen (Steven Erikson); currently working my way through this series, need a break

I'm sure I've left out quite a few, but I guess these give a fair idea. Any suggestions are welcome!
adityadubey is offline   Reply With Quote