View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 07:24 PM   #508
Trauma Doll
Addict
Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Trauma Doll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Gave up on PW. Using Kindle Keyboard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post
I got my 2nd replacement today and I just don't know what to do anymore.

I am not even replacing for the color blotches, I been having other issues.
My first one had a very bright "hole" in the bottom left and even worst, the font was crooked. I mean I could see a black line on the screen right above the bezel, like they put the display in just a tad off center. So the line started thick on the left and then disappeared on the right. So text would be going down towards the right about 1 - 1.5 mm. For some reason that drove me nuts.

So first replacement has perfect alignment, no specks, but it has the bottom right light brighter than the rest. So there is like a headlight effect that is the size of a thumbprint. Its just this bright blob, pretty much at all light settings.

So today I get replacement #2. It has crooked line this time going the other way, now going up from left to right. Also the bezel is sticking up on the whole top of the unit. Meaning I can press down lightly and see the bezel going up and down on the outside edge and halfway towards the display. Like it wasn't glued on right. There are also a few tiny tiny dust specks, but those I could overlook.

I just don't know what to do now. I really don't. I am so stressed out from all this the calling, chat etc. They were very reluctant to even send me this replacement. I had to do chat and got nowhere and then I had to call again. I have a really bad problem with phones, phone phobia, so this is all really hard for me.
Holy cow. I've never heard of the off-center display issues you're describing (if I'm even understanding you correctly). It sounds like quality control is getting worse, if anything.

Wish I had something useful to suggest, but I'm not sure there are many people here who, once started on the return journey, have ended up with a 'good' unit. You can probably do better than what you have so far, just a matter of how much patience you have. Do you have an alternate e-reader solution? I'm falling back to my Kindle Keyboard till the dust settles.
Trauma Doll is offline   Reply With Quote