Thread: Silliness Retirement?
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 07:43 AM   #15
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
I am working on getting the scratch needed to get a sailboat sufficiently large that we can be living aboard when we take her out and sink her in the Caribbean. I hope. To. Have one in Lake Pepin for a few years and then move it to Florida.

I'm also looking for a cribbage club locally so I won't be underfoot all the time.
If you want a challenge, you might try Duplicate Bridge.

In all seriousness, you've spent all your life with your values being set by external sources. You are looking at a period when there are no external sources to set your values.

You need to spend some introspection time, to determine who you are and what you (and not somebody else) wants to accomplish. You have time to do this with before you retire, which is a good thing, and you are starting to think about it, which is also a good thing.

As for me (I'm about 6 months older that you are), I'm going to scan a P.D. book a month, shoot the alarm clock, garden, and spend some of the winter time where it's warm. And read, play M.U.L.E., watch a movie a night, listen to music, help with the rose society, enjoy a glass of wine every evening, and take a nap wherever I want (naps are wasted on kids...).

And I'll worry about what to do with my spare time...

That's $300 - pay Red on the way out...
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote