View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 05:41 PM   #8
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by pietrocrazy View Post
I am very pleased to hear that Overdrive is not taking this lying down. I was worried when HarperCollins announced this that it would become the status quo, but considering the reaction of Overdrive, many librarians, and many readers, I think it's possible HarperCollins will change their minds.

I'm being unusually optimistic today!
Or at least that other publishers will not rush to follow HC.

I'm thinking, though, that maybe a boycott is exactly what HC wants--they want people to buy e-books, not read them for free, and this way they get to pretend that it's the libraries who are choosing not to carry their books.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote