View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010, 04:31 AM   #48
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
I realize no one likes DRM or other forms of security. But unfortunately, in a world where people must make a living, and other people are fond of taking things without paying, security of some kind is needed to make the system work (to allow the best producers to willingly produce). Wishing for a security-free world is as impractical as expecting people to just stop stealing.
Do you really believe DRM do anything against piracy ? They only hurts sells by annoying customers.
The only reason I buy DRM book is because I can de-drm easily. Else, I would just not buy the books.
Trachmania 2 is said to have that crappy ubisoft protection requiring internet connexion. If that the case, i will just not buy it, no mater how much I want the game otherwise. One can live without a game.

If you restrict your customer too much, said customer will say "screw you, I don't buy in these conditions".

Last edited by EowynCarter; 05-18-2010 at 04:34 AM.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote