View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 04:46 PM   #15
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JinRoh View Post
I'm trying to get this to work without success.

I "jailbreaked" the Kindle 4 (at least, a new book saying "You are jailbroken" appeared) but I didn't get the screensaver to work.

Should I just create a RUNME.sh file in the kindle and copy this content : https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...9&postcount=12

And reboot (after having jailbreak installed)?

It didn't do anything in my kindle (it didn't create any folder, which I think should have happened) But I'm probably doing something wrong.

Thanks!
First of all there is no need for jailbreak

just use data.tar.gz from this post with the RUNME.sh you created (copy both of them to your Kindle then restart )

After restart you should see a folder named screensaver in your Kindle

Also, if you are in Windows it would help if you use this app when you create this RUNME.sh. and File>save as> [Format] Ensure Unix Format

Last edited by thomass; 03-14-2012 at 04:52 PM.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote